Mollie briefly explained
Mollie is one of Europe’s fastest growing fintech companies. We provide a simple and clear payment API, that enables webshops, platforms and app builders to implement various payment methods in one go.
Tinkering, disruption, and inclusivity are Mollie core values. In the first few years of existence, Mollie was a developer-only endeavour, and 14 years later devs and techs still comprise roughly 35% of all staff. As a natural consequence, a lot of things that enterprise businesses or pretend-to-be-start-ups are trying too hard to mimic, come quite natural to Mollie.
Growth team briefly explained
Mollie’s growing fast. We’re at 50.000 active clients from 20 countries and we’re striving for rapid international growth. At team growth we’re always exploring opportunities to grow even faster. We’re a small, agile team that isn’t afraid to try new things. We focus on running small-scale experiments and scaling things that work. We track, measure and analyze data to validate our theories. By breaking problems up into small parts we’re able surface valuable results and move fast.
Our goal is to create revenue multipliers for our business by using a combination of data insights, data-driven customer engagement, and an optimized customer journey. We tackle an incredibly diverse set of data sources and use cases covering data modeling, data optimization, A/B testing, revenue, and business outcome prediction, funnel analysis, cohorting, and churn.
- Work with the Growth team to define, test, and validate hypotheses around our products, conversions, and revenue using data analysis and business context;
- Perform exploratory data analysis to gain a deeper understanding of the problem and to uncover nuances on your own;
- Automate the collection and analysis of the raw data from a wide variety of tools and resources (databases, analytics tools, customer support, CRM, etc.) required for the business insights you deliver;
- Define data relationships and business rules to consolidate a single source of truth;
- Analyze experimental and observational data; communicate findings and insights cross-functionally; facilitate product or customer experience decisions;
- Write efficient, legible, and commented SQL;
- Create meaningful self-service dashboards for business stakeholders.
Desired skills and experience
- BS/MS with quantitative focus (e.g. Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics) or equivalent practical experience;
Experience with business intelligence tools like Looker, Tableau or Sisense as well as Excel;
Experience operating databases (e.g. Redshift/BigQuery/Snowflake, MySQL, MongoDb) and advanced query authoring;
You understand product analytics: funnels, cohorts, retention, MAUs;
You understand marketing / web analytics: A/B testing, conversion optimization.
Must have skills
- 2+ years of proven experience in a similar role;
- SQL knowledge: you like writing complex SQL queries;
- Proficiency in English both spoken and written. Dutch is a plus.
What do you get?
- Excellent employment terms, including competitive salary;
- 25 days of annual leave;
- A position in a unique, young and fast growing fintech company;
- Autonomy to develop solutions and implement them;
- Best possible tech setup that you need to do your job;
- Freedom and flexibility;
- Daily fresh lunches;
- Friday afternoon drinks;
Our selection procedure in a nutshell
Apply by clicking the button below. The more you share about yourself and the reason you apply at Mollie, the better!
Let's first have a 'coffee chat' to introduce Mollie, the role and get to know you. This can be at our office, but this could also be via phone, Hangouts or Skype.
During the interview phase (of max. two rounds), we'll inform you as soon as we've decided whether we'd like to proceed with you.
The interview phase may include a technical assignment to test your technical merits.