What you'll be doing
- Data model development: curate and publish robust dbt models to support analytical requirements from Product, Operations, Marketing and Finance
- Technical leadership: help shape our development standards and promote engineering best practices (like modularity, scalability and reusability)
- Performance optimisation: utilise BigQuery and Looker to understand and optimise the costs and performance associated with our data transformations
- Data quality & observability: advocate for the importance of data quality through making sure our data models are well described and easy to find
- Data literacy: promote business-wide data literacy through coaching other teams, and disseminating your knowledge through presentations and blog posts
- Data governance: work with the wider Data Domain to help evolve Mollie’s data governance framework to meet ever changing requirements
What you'll bring
- 2 - 5 years experience in a technical data role
- SQL and data modelling mastery
- Experience as a BI tool developer (preference towards Looker)
- Experience working in a Cloud Environment e.g. Google Cloud or AWS
- Experience working with Github / Gitlab
- University degree in technical subject (Maths, Science, Engineering etc.)
- Fluency in English
Nice to haves
- Experience working with data transformation tools e.g. dbt, Dataform
- Experience working with orchestration tools e.g. Airflow
- Experience with a scripting language e.g. Python
- Experience in online payments or fintech
- 5 reasons why you should be working here
- We bring open hearts and open minds1.
- We grow what we know and learn what we don’t2.
- We are driven by customer love3.
- We celebrate the journey together4.
- We know how to have fun5.
We’re in the driving seat. Without us, there is no Mollie. So we’re given the freedom to explore. Make mistakes, learn, and grow. Because that’s how we’ll become the most loved financial service provider.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
These three words tell you everything about Mollie… Driven. By. Love. Our driving force, our reason for being… to become the world’s most loved financial services provider. But not just loved by our customers… by our people too. At Mollie we embrace what makes you unique, and nurture a culture that feels like home. We celebrate diversity of people and perspectives every day and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Every new Mollie is hired on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We bring open hearts and open minds, we don’t judge each other for our differences, we embrace the unique traits that make our products and culture stronger. There is an energy at Mollie that can’t be contained. We are proud to be here, and inspired by the problems we have left to solve. So come join the ride.
Every good relationship starts with a click. Let’s make sure this one will last.
Our Talent Acquisition team and hiring manager will review your application, and respond within 2 weeks.
If you seem like a Mollie-in-the-making, we’ll invite you to a screening call so we can learn more about each other.
Are you the one?
If all goes well, you’ll have two or more interviews with the hiring team. And if it’s a highly technical role, we’ll also assess the specific skills you’ll need.