Who are we?
Mollie thrives on innovation. When we started we spearheaded the payments industry by introducing clever payment products which were easier, cheaper, and more flexible than what the rigid, cumbersome banks could do. Now, more than a decade later, Mollie is still building innovative products and working hard to make payments better.
We couldn’t do this without our excellent team. We have a clear focus on building a team of young and inquisitive minds. All of them share a natural urge to work with exciting, new technologies and products. And we make sure that they get the opportunity to work with them to optimise workflows, work at the forefront of technology and, ultimately, build the future of payments.
Our Finance department is responsible for punctual instruct of complete reliable financial information. You’ll use this information for internal use to inform our board and on the other hand to inform external authorities, such as the Dutch Central Bank.
Besides the above mentioned; our Finance department is also responsible for transaction monitoring, pricing control, budget estimations, financial forecasts and improvement of financial processes.
In the role as Financial accountant, you will be an important player in the finance team. You take ownership of the accounting records and assume responsibility for the timely, complete and accurate processing of all accounting transactions. As member of the finance team your contributions are essential to further streamline the underlying processes and identify opportunities for further automation and efficiencies. Financial accounting and reporting is in your DNA; you are able to accommodate Mollie’s innovative nature and business aspirations.
Mollie is looking for a result driven professional with focus and passion when it comes to accounting. You are able to work together with our team and of course on an individual base.
- Maintain the accounting records and ensure the general ledger is accurate and complete;
- Assists in preparation of financial reports; both management reports and regulatory reports;
- Periodic reconciliation between the accounting system and operating support systems;
- Assist in the implementation of improvements in financial process and systems
- Assists in monthly closing activities
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Identify opportunities to improve the processes and systems
- Extract (financial and operational) data from various systems and assist in the interpretation of the data (analysis)
- Participate in projects/studies to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of Mollie
Desired skills and experience
- Dutch and English speaking is mandatory;
- Relevant working experience with a minimum of 3 years in similar position;
- Experience in maintaining general ledger, accounts payable and fixed assets module within ERP systems;
- Experience in setting up and performing financial oriented reconciliations;
- Experience in accounting and financial reporting;
- Use various software applications in order to assemble and/or format data and reports;
- Good general knowledge on Office applications (excel, word etc.)
- Applies a working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
Our selection procedure in a nutshell:
Apply by clicking the button below. The more you share about yourself and the reason you apply at Mollie, the better!
Let's first have a 'coffee chat' to introduce Mollie, the role and get to know you. This can be at our office, but this could also be via phone, Hangouts or Skype.
During the interview phase (of max. two rounds), we'll inform you as soon as we've decided whether we'd like to proceed with you.