Who are we?
Mollie thrives on innovation. When we started we spearheaded the payments industry by introducing clever payment products which were easier, cheaper, and more flexible than what the rigid, cumbersome banks could do. Now, more than a decade later, Mollie is still building innovative products and working hard to make payments better.
We couldn’t do this without our excellent team. We have a clear focus on building a team of young and inquisitive minds. All of them share a natural urge to work with exciting, new technologies and products. And we make sure that they get the opportunity to work with them to optimise workflows, work at the forefront of technology and, ultimately, build the future of payments.
Our Finance department is responsible for punctual instruct of complete reliable financial information. You’ll use this information for internal use to inform our board and on the other hand to inform external authorities, such as the Dutch Central Bank.
Besides the above mentioned; our Finance department is also responsible for transaction monitoring, pricing control, budget estimations, financial forecasts and improvement of financial processes.
In the role as Senior Controller, you will be an important player in the finance team and guide junior Controllers. You will assume end responsibility for critical Finance processes. As member of the finance team your contributions are essential to further streamline the underlying processes and identify opportunities for further automation and efficiencies. Financial Controlling and reporting is in your DNA; you are able to accommodate Mollie’s innovative nature and business aspirations.
Mollie is looking for a result driven professional with focus and passion when it comes to Controlling. You are able to work together with our team and of course on an individual base.
- Represents Finance in multi departmental projects and exchanges Finance requirements;
- Assumes end-to-end responsibility as Finance Process owner for critical business processes;
- Acts as sparring / business partner for other departments;
- Leads and effectuates improvements in processes and systems to ensure efficient and effective organization;
- Coordinates and finalizes the internal and external reporting packages and presents to management team;
- Coordinates and manages relations with external auditors and governmental agencies;
- Provides guidance on complex accounting topics;
- Provides guidance and maintains a framework on Business Process and Internal controls;
- Supervises (junior) controllers and financial accountants;
- Drives projects/studies to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of Mollie;
- Performs in-depth analysis and provides value added advice to stakeholders.
Desired skills and experience
- HBO or University degree;
- Dutch and English speaking is mandatory;
- Relevant working experience with a minimum of 3 years in similar position;
- Involvement in structuring information needs and data flows;
- Extensive experience in with financial ERP and complex interfaces to operating support systems;
- Extensive experience in financial reporting and regulatory reporting;
- Leading business processes optimalization initiatives and internal controls implementations;
- Experience in defining the requirements for and setting up the financial analysis landscape;
- Experience in supervising junior team members and mentoring;
- Experience in leading cross departmental projects;
- Experience with and exposure to senior leadership executives.
Our selection procedure in a nutshell:
Apply by clicking the button below. The more you share about yourself and the reason you apply at Mollie, the better!
Let's first have a 'coffee chat' to introduce Mollie, the role and get to know you. This can be at our office, but this could also be via phone, Hangouts or Skype.
During the interview phase (of max. two rounds), we'll inform you as soon as we've decided whether we'd like to proceed with you.