Mollie in brief
Mollie is one of Europe’s fastest growing fintech companies. We provide a simple and clear payment API, that enables webshop and app builders to easily add payment functionalities.
Tinkering, disruption, and inclusivity are Mollie core values. In the first few years of existence, Mollie was a developer-only endeavour, and 14 years later devs and techs still comprise roughly 40% of all staff. As a natural consequence, a lot of things that enterprise businesses or pretend-to-be-start-ups are trying too hard to mimic, come quite natural to Mollie.
Our key objectives for the near future include further development of international markets, launching more innovative, features, products and increasing control of payment infrastructures globally.
As a Marketing & Communications manager you and your team (employees from different disciplines) are responsible for owning a diverse range of cross-channel projects, campaigns and continuous processes from start to finish. Your focus will be on merchants and partners across Europe. You will work in close co-operation with our Client Services, Sales, Growth and International teams to drive growth and ensure retention.
Your scope includes:
- Design and implement marketing strategies aligned with business targets;
Generate innovative ideas to promote our brand and our products;
Write the Mollie story and bring it consistently to the market through cross-national and multinational content marketing campaigns;
- Set-up collaborative marketing campaigns with our partners and develop initiatives to strengthen our community;
- Work with sales and partnership teams to organise events that resonate with target audiences;
- Create close relationships with reputable (inter)national media ensuring regular positive coverage;
- Set-up a data driven department; measure the return on investment of all projects and take data driven decisions.
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in the relevant fields in a high-growth environment (both online and offline);
- Experience as a team manager. High standards of leadership skills and able to represent the business at senior levels;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrable experience with marketing campaigns and web technologies (e.g. online tools and social media);
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Detail orientation: you have high standards and dig into the details to assure that your output consistently meets a high bar;
- Highly analytical and systematic;
- An excellent understanding of users in tech and e-commerce is a requirement;
- A working proficiency in Dutch, fluency in English and preferably another major European language is an important asset.
What do you get?
- Excellent employment terms, including competitive salary.
- 25 days of annual leave.
- A position in a unique, young and fast growing fintech company.
- Autonomy to develop solutions and implement them.
- Best possible tech setup that you need to do your job.
- Freedom and flexibility.
- A stimulating and inspiring environment.
Our selection procedure in a nutshell:
Apply by clicking the button below. The more you share about yourself and the reason you apply at Mollie, the better!
Let's first have a 'coffee chat' to introduce Mollie, the role and get to know you. This can be at our office, but this could also be via phone, Hangouts or Skype.
During the interview phase (of max. two rounds), we'll inform you as soon as we've decided whether we'd like to proceed with you.
The interview phase may include a technical assignment to test your technical merits.