What you'll be doing
- Oversee regulatory compliance obligations across multiple European jurisdictions and identify potential gaps in policies and procedures;
- Act as a trusted advisor for the Mollie front-line business in relation to the development of new products and services across different jurisdictions;
- Manage and periodically update the control framework to ensure compliance with identified integrity risks, including money-laundering, terrorism financing, sanctions, bribery & corruption, conflicts of interest, improper conduct and fraud;
- Formulate professional opinions and draft policies, frameworks and procedures and thereafter ensure an effective implementation strategy;
- Inform and advise the operational departments and (senior) management about the impact of and changes in laws and regulations, best practices or compliance themes in general;
- Conduct periodic compliance monitoring activities and risk assessments and compile reports for (senior) management and relevant committees across Mollie;
- Actively support and guide the operational departments with practical implications of changes in legislation or policies and assist in translating applicable legislation into properly functioning business processes;
- Coordinate and monitor regulatory inspections, investigations, thematic reviews, inquiries, self-assessments, surveys, questionnaires, and consultations to ensure timely and quality submissions;
- Anchor compliance in business operations, actively contributing to the development and organisation of training and awareness programs.
What you'll need
- At least 4 years of compliance or control function experience within a financial services environment (experience within the Compliance Team of a regulated financial institution or payment services provider based in Europe is a significant advantage);
- A proactive, analytical approach with a strong sense of structure and organisational skills;
- Experience in supervising compliance with laws, regulations and policies/procedures;
- Experience analysing complex data sets to identify key issues and drive resolution of identified issues;
- Ability to weigh various stakeholder interests and stimulate a balanced weighing of interests, while maintaining a commitment to complying with the letter and spirit of laws and regulations;
- A positive and independent personality, with an eagerness to learn and to pick up new things;
- Advanced degree in (preferably) law, comparable study or demonstrably a comparable level of knowledge and thinking. Certified compliance education is a strong plus;
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills (fluency in German or French is a plus);
- Experience engaging with European Regulators is a strong plus;
- Experience in the development of financial products/services and license applications is a strong plus.
- 5 reasons why you should be working here
- We bring open hearts and open minds1.
- We grow what we know and learn what we don’t2.
- We are driven by customer love3.
- We celebrate the journey together4.
- We know how to have fun5.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
These three words tell you everything about Mollie… Driven. By. Love. Our driving force, our reason for being… to become the world’s most loved financial services provider. But not just loved by our customers… by our people too. At Mollie we embrace what makes you unique, and nurture a culture that feels like home. We celebrate diversity of people and perspectives every day and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Every new Mollie is hired on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We bring open hearts and open minds, we don’t judge each other for our differences, we embrace the unique traits that make our products and culture stronger. There is an energy at Mollie that can’t be contained. We are proud to be here, and inspired by the problems we have left to solve. So come join the ride.
Every good relationship starts with a click. Let’s make sure this one will last.
Our Talent Acquisition team and hiring manager will review your application, and respond within 2 weeks.
If you seem like a Mollie-in-the-making, we’ll invite you to a screening call so we can learn more about each other.
Are you the one?
If all goes well, you’ll have two or more interviews with the hiring team. And if it’s a highly technical role, we’ll also assess the specific skills you’ll need.