What you'll be doing:
- Manage a team of 4-8 engineers directly, go through performance cycles, train them through continuous feedback and help them to the next stages in their career
- Be involved in the hiring process in order to build a world-class engineering team
- You bring a strong perspective that inspires change and motivate engineers to develop scalable solutions
- Work with engineers and product to create the roadmap
- Work together with the team to create cutting-edge, user friendly internal products and APIs which are used by hundreds of engineers on a daily basis
- Lead and enable engineers across the stack
- Develop a positive & collaborative work culture that empowers the team to perform at their best
What you have:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience developing or operating large scale web applications of which 2+ years in an engineering leadership role
- Experience building strong, effective engineering teams through hiring, coaching and mentoring, especially on fast growing company
- Experience with observability stacks like Datadog, Prometheus, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana, Grafana or similar
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence stakeholdersHave
- Experience driving DevOps principles of end-to-end responsibility, customer centricity and have automation at heart
- Experience implementing data-driven decision making processes through Service Level Objectives (SLOs)
- Experience in developing large scale systems and driving technical and architectural discussion within the team
Nice to haves:
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform, or similar public cloud
- Experience working with Site Reliability principles to drive operational excellence across Engineering.
- Solid computer science background
- 5 reasons why you should be working here
- We bring open hearts and open minds1.
- We grow what we know and learn what we don’t2.
- We are driven by customer love3.
- We celebrate the journey together4.
- We know how to have fun5.
We’re in the driving seat. Without us, there is no Mollie. So we’re given the freedom to explore. Make mistakes, learn, and grow. Because that’s how we’ll become the most loved financial service provider.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
These three words tell you everything about Mollie… Driven. By. Love. Our driving force, our reason for being… to become the world’s most loved financial services provider. But not just loved by our customers… by our people too. At Mollie we embrace what makes you unique, and nurture a culture that feels like home. We celebrate diversity of people and perspectives every day and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Every new Mollie is hired on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We bring open hearts and open minds, we don’t judge each other for our differences, we embrace the unique traits that make our products and culture stronger. There is an energy at Mollie that can’t be contained. We are proud to be here, and inspired by the problems we have left to solve. So come join the ride.
Every good relationship starts with a click. Let’s make sure this one will last.
Our Talent Acquisition team and hiring manager will review your application, and respond within 2 weeks.
If you seem like a Mollie-in-the-making, we’ll invite you to a screening call so we can learn more about each other.
Are you the one?
If all goes well, you’ll have two or more interviews with the hiring team. And if it’s a highly technical role, we’ll also assess the specific skills you’ll need.
We're always looking for talent to go on a journey with. So what are you waiting for?Apply now
No match? Try theseExplore more opportunities
- Engineering Manager - ReliabilityAmsterdamLet's go
- Engineering Manager - ReliabilityMilanLet's go
- Engineering ManagerMilanLet's go
- Senior Engineering ManagerMilanLet's go