What you'll be doing
- You'll build and guide a world class technical team. All of our managers are hands-on so we will expect you to be technically savvy having a proven track record of working with large-scale distributed systems and/or guiding teams through technical transitions such as moving to the Cloud or breaking down from a monolith.
- You will enjoy being hands-on but also capable of the big picture. You will take pride in your ability to both nurture and grow high performing teams. And your results focused approach will enable us to get results at scale and pace.
- Don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes we would still be interested in hearing from you!
What you have:
- Great management and team development skills: ability to set roadmap and goals for a team and every one of its members, delegate intelligently, mentor engineers, deliver frequent and transparent feedback, help team members grow in their careers and deliver results
- Management experience: Preferably 5+ years management experience. You have experience in software engineering where you have demonstrated capability to successfully recruit, retain and grow top talent engineers
- Engineering excellence. You have significant hands-on engineering experience in a variety of contexts, during which you've built scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems, and full stack products. Mollie Managers guide from the front.
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgement about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way -- and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Great teaching skills. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code craftsman skills, and get out of their comfort zone.
- Passion and energy. You feel ownership over everything you ship. You bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavours. You see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Team player mindset. You foster a culture of collaboration and support. You help teams grow by relying on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement. You inspire and mentor others on the team so that those around you can also learn and grow.
- 5 reasons why you should be working here
- We bring open hearts and open minds1.
- We grow what we know and learn what we don’t2.
- We are driven by customer love3.
- We celebrate the journey together4.
- We know how to have fun5.
Mollie is expanding its product portfolio, geographic footprint, and internal organization rapidly. The Web Team is responsible for the Mollie.com website and all related web architecture. The web team helps Mollie express its value proposition to the outside world, inform, convert and acquire new customers and to enable internal teams to use the Mollie.com site as a platform for growth.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
These three words tell you everything about Mollie… Driven. By. Love. Our driving force, our reason for being… to become the world’s most loved financial services provider. But not just loved by our customers… by our people too. At Mollie we embrace what makes you unique, and nurture a culture that feels like home. We celebrate diversity of people and perspectives every day and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Every new Mollie is hired on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We bring open hearts and open minds, we don’t judge each other for our differences, we embrace the unique traits that make our products and culture stronger. There is an energy at Mollie that can’t be contained. We are proud to be here, and inspired by the problems we have left to solve. So come join the ride.
Every good relationship starts with a click. Let’s make sure this one will last.
Our Talent Acquisition team and hiring manager will review your application, and respond within 2 weeks.
If you seem like a Mollie-in-the-making, we’ll invite you to a screening call so we can learn more about each other.
Are you the one?
If all goes well, you’ll have two or more interviews with the hiring team. And if it’s a highly technical role, we’ll also assess the specific skills you’ll need.
We're always looking for talent to go on a journey with. So what are you waiting for?Apply now
No match? Try theseExplore more opportunities
- Product DesignerAmsterdamLet's go
- Product DesignerLisbonLet's go
- Senior Software EngineerLisbonLet's go
- Graduate EngineerAmsterdamLet's go