What you'll be doing
- You will oversee design (and product research) for our entire product portfolio. You will manage your team's career development and uphold Mollie's high bar for design quality
- You build a highly performing and engaged team of designers and user researchers in the design function
- You'll hire great designers
- You uphold the quality of designs across all products in your department- and review all designs before they go live
- Driving design function forward by developing new ideas and improving Mollie’s design system
- Led a team of, providing direction, pushing the quality of the work, and inspiring a strong design culture
- You know the difference between good and great product experiences and have demonstrated the ability to get large teams to great
- Influence the overarching strategy for the products you worked on, in collaboration with engineering and product management leadership
- Build relationships with cross-functional team members from Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Data Science and speak to product strategy, design goals, and execution
- Experience in a fast-paced, data-driven environment: product companies, growing startups
- Participate in design discipline-wide conversations and create deliverables on how to improve process, operations, and tools
- Experience synthesising company-level goals to help teams across multiple products create remarkable design experiences
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of relevant design experience in a digital product environment
- A true passion for designing and building products- and an ‘itch’ to continue to design yourself on a regular basis
- 3+ years of people management with a genuine passion for making other people better or other relevant examples of leading other designers in a high-impact setting
- A diverse portfolio of work personally designed and shipped, along with examples of work directed and delivered by your team
- You have Experience developing scalable design systems for digital products, mobile apps and web applications
- 5 reasons why you should be working here
- We bring open hearts and open minds1.
- We grow what we know and learn what we don’t2.
- We are driven by customer love3.
- We celebrate the journey together4.
- We know how to have fun5.
Our customers know what they want. Our job is to listen, learn and find a way to give it to them. We have to be bold. Take chances, try new things. But this is Mollie and it’s what we’re best at.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
These three words tell you everything about Mollie… Driven. By. Love. Our driving force, our reason for being… to become the world’s most loved financial services provider. But not just loved by our customers… by our people too. At Mollie we embrace what makes you unique, and nurture a culture that feels like home. We celebrate diversity of people and perspectives every day and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Every new Mollie is hired on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We bring open hearts and open minds, we don’t judge each other for our differences, we embrace the unique traits that make our products and culture stronger. There is an energy at Mollie that can’t be contained. We are proud to be here, and inspired by the problems we have left to solve. So come join the ride.
Every good relationship starts with a click. Let’s make sure this one will last.
Our Talent Acquisition team and hiring manager will review your application, and respond within 2 weeks.
If you seem like a Mollie-in-the-making, we’ll invite you to a screening call so we can learn more about each other.
Are you the one?
If all goes well, you’ll have two or more interviews with the hiring team. And if it’s a highly technical role, we’ll also assess the specific skills you’ll need.