What you'll be doing
- Although Mollie already had a mobile app for a few years already, the current product offering is covering a few basic user needs. With Mollie becoming their preferred financial services provider, we want to enable our merchants to manage their business on the go in the app.
- As a React Native Engineer in the team, you will be responsible for building next-level (native) features and improving existing features.
- You will be working closely with our UX designers, backend engineers, product managers, and other React Native Engineers to make sure that we always deliver the best user experience while staying as independent as possible from other teams. By working in a multidisciplinary team, we have very few dependencies and it allows us to move faster at all times.
- We believe in end-to-end ownership. As such, you will be expected to release new features yourself using our Gitlab pipelines.
What you have
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in developing complex React (Native) applications.
- The drive to make our product available to everyone by applying accessibility standards.
- A knack for creating intuitive user experiences. You love working closely with UX designers with the goal to build the best app out there.
- You know how to pinpoint performance issues, and bring suggestions to the team on how to improve the performance of our frontend apps.
- Experience with test-driven development and end-to-end testing React Native applications. We use Browserstack Live Automate for end-to-end testing.
Nice to have
- Experience with Kotlin, Java, Objective-C, or Swift is a big advantage.
- Knowledge of either iOS or Android Experience publishing apps to the App Store / Google Play Store (using Fastlane is an advantage( – at Mollie, we give the teams the autonomy to ship features to production.
- Experience with design systems and/or internally developed component libraries.
- You’re familiar with Redux, Redux Sagas, and styled-components (in React Native environments).
- 5 reasons why you should be working here
- We bring open hearts and open minds1.
- We grow what we know and learn what we don’t2.
- We are driven by customer love3.
- We celebrate the journey together4.
- We know how to have fun5.
Mollie is expanding its product portfolio, geographic footprint, and internal organization rapidly. The Web Team is responsible for the Mollie.com website and all related web architecture. The web team helps Mollie express its value proposition to the outside world, inform, convert and acquire new customers and to enable internal teams to use the Mollie.com site as a platform for growth.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
These three words tell you everything about Mollie… Driven. By. Love. Our driving force, our reason for being… to become the world’s most loved financial services provider. But not just loved by our customers… by our people too. At Mollie we embrace what makes you unique, and nurture a culture that feels like home. We celebrate diversity of people and perspectives every day and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Every new Mollie is hired on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We bring open hearts and open minds, we don’t judge each other for our differences, we embrace the unique traits that make our products and culture stronger. There is an energy at Mollie that can’t be contained. We are proud to be here, and inspired by the problems we have left to solve. So come join the ride.
Every good relationship starts with a click. Let’s make sure this one will last.
Our Talent Acquisition team and hiring manager will review your application, and respond within 2 weeks.
If you seem like a Mollie-in-the-making, we’ll invite you to a screening call so we can learn more about each other.
Are you the one?
If all goes well, you’ll have two or more interviews with the hiring team. And if it’s a highly technical role, we’ll also assess the specific skills you’ll need.