What you'll be doing
- Provide hands-on design strategy and leadership in complex development projects involving application development, migrations, integrations, enhancements to existing applications.
- Help with development and maintenance of the Salesforce Cloud platform using Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Web Component/Aura
- Refactoring of existing modules, components and backend systems with the goal of making them more stable and robust by applying Salesforce best practices.
- Lead the Integration of Salesforce with internal and external systems leveraging the latest API technologies including REST, Pub/Sub & Kafka.
- Knowledge of continuous integration practices and agile methodology.
- Maintain proper documentation for all processes including technical design components, list of values, migration plans, and standard operating procedures in accordance with business requirements.
- Assess the impact of proposed changes and recommend alternative solution choices, determining trade-offs and impact analysis.
- Ensure the Salesforce technical design aligns to overall enterprise architecture, Salesforce best practice and scalability.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments such as Marketing, Data Engineering, IT and Security.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation, including management and VP-level executives.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years working as a Salesforce Developer and 2+ years as a Technical Architect
- Required certifications : Certified Platform Developer I , Certified App Builder
- Google Cloud / Amazon Web Services experience
- Familiar with integration solutions such as Mulesoft
- Strong understanding of APIs
- Fundamental knowledge of PaaS & SaaS technologies
- Familiarity with B2B marketing space, GDPR requirements
- Preferred experience supporting or working in the payments/banking space
Desired skills and competencies
- Strong experience in Salesforce implementation for full lifecycle enterprise software projects.
- Knowledge of Marketing Cloud modules
- Mulesoft Integration hands on experience
- Java Script knowledge
- ETL tools experience
- Cloud observability experience (monitoring, alerting, audits etc.)
- Strong computer science background
- Strong communication skills
- 5 reasons why you should be working here
- We bring open hearts and open minds1.
- We grow what we know and learn what we don’t2.
- We are driven by customer love3.
- We celebrate the journey together4.
- We know how to have fun5.
Mollie is growing rapidly. And that’s how we like it. Our challenge is to keep up the pressure. Keep evolving and spotting new opportunities to get the growth we all want. And of course, to give our customers a service they love.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
These three words tell you everything about Mollie… Driven. By. Love. Our driving force, our reason for being… to become the world’s most loved financial services provider. But not just loved by our customers… by our people too. At Mollie we embrace what makes you unique, and nurture a culture that feels like home. We celebrate diversity of people and perspectives every day and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Every new Mollie is hired on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We bring open hearts and open minds, we don’t judge each other for our differences, we embrace the unique traits that make our products and culture stronger. There is an energy at Mollie that can’t be contained. We are proud to be here, and inspired by the problems we have left to solve. So come join the ride.
Every good relationship starts with a click. Let’s make sure this one will last.
Our Talent Acquisition team and hiring manager will review your application, and respond within 2 weeks.
If you seem like a Mollie-in-the-making, we’ll invite you to a screening call so we can learn more about each other.
Are you the one?
If all goes well, you’ll have two or more interviews with the hiring team. And if it’s a highly technical role, we’ll also assess the specific skills you’ll need.