What you'll be doing :
- You will be working with us on shaping and improving the bare-metal and cloud-based database clusters that Mollie's financial products are built on. These products are used by tens of thousands of merchants on a daily basis.
- As a database administrator you work closely with our SRE's and backend engineers to ship new products with a software reliability engineering mindset, striking a balance between shipping often and maintaining a high level of scaling, system reliability and security.
- With many payments being performed on our platform every second of the day, system and database scalability are becoming increasingly important. Helping us build scalable products by thinking ahead will be an important part of your work.
- Next to our existing APIs and dashboard, we are working on innovative financial solutions for our merchants. We are happy to share the details over a coffee, but it's safe to say we will put your skills to the test, allowing you to grow and learn rapidly.
What you have :
- Minimum of 4 years experience administering MySQL databases
- Experience with replication, failover and disaster recovery in a distributed database environment.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security and integrity
- Production experience scaling fast growing databases and systems
- Experience with tools for continuous integration or continuous deployment of applications
- Experience working in hybrid environments would be preferred
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes is appreciated.
- 5 reasons why you should be working here
- We bring open hearts and open minds1.
- We grow what we know and learn what we don’t2.
- We are driven by customer love3.
- We celebrate the journey together4.
- We know how to have fun5.
We’re in the driving seat. Without us, there is no Mollie. So we’re given the freedom to explore. Make mistakes, learn, and grow. Because that’s how we’ll become the most loved financial service provider.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
These three words tell you everything about Mollie… Driven. By. Love. Our driving force, our reason for being… to become the world’s most loved financial services provider. But not just loved by our customers… by our people too. At Mollie we embrace what makes you unique, and nurture a culture that feels like home. We celebrate diversity of people and perspectives every day and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Every new Mollie is hired on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We bring open hearts and open minds, we don’t judge each other for our differences, we embrace the unique traits that make our products and culture stronger. There is an energy at Mollie that can’t be contained. We are proud to be here, and inspired by the problems we have left to solve. So come join the ride.
Every good relationship starts with a click. Let’s make sure this one will last.
Our Talent Acquisition team and hiring manager will review your application, and respond within 2 weeks.
If you seem like a Mollie-in-the-making, we’ll invite you to a screening call so we can learn more about each other.
Are you the one?
If all goes well, you’ll have two or more interviews with the hiring team. And if it’s a highly technical role, we’ll also assess the specific skills you’ll need.
We're always looking for talent to go on a journey with. So what are you waiting for?Apply now
No match? Try theseExplore more opportunities
- Senior Database AdministratorMilanLet's go
- Senior Database AdministratorAmsterdamLet's go
- Site Reliability EngineerAmsterdamLet's go
- Site Reliability EngineerMilanLet's go