What you will be doing:
- Setting the vision and strategy for a scalable growth of the Milan Development hub, with long a term thinking and a pragmatic approach
- Managing and scaling the local team focussing on the core systems to enable the business, while working with your Product counterparts on product diversification. We expect this new hub to grow, with a focus on creating and developing a range of products for a growing customer base
- Working closely with different stakeholders across the business to develop, launch, and iterate on the new financial services and to scale the underlying financial systems
- Taking an active role in hiring tech leaders and building high-performing teams that get things done
What you'll bring
- 10+ years of experience with 5+ in an engineering management role, of which 2+ years of managing leaders
- Experience building large (30+ people), scalable, high impact organisations
- Ability to develop long-term strategies that support business goals, and influence leadership decisions
- Experience building strong, effective engineering teams through hiring, coaching and mentoring, motivating others by creating a climate in which people are able to do their best work
- Experience in developing large scale systems and driving technical and architectural discussions within the team
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
- Experience working in a high-growth, high-paced environment
- Great spoken and written communication skills, effective with business and technical audiences
Nice to haves:
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with event streaming and distributed systems
- Experience migrating services between microservices and monoliths and understanding the practical tradeoffs of one architecture versus the other
- Experience in a regulated industry, preferably financial
- Experience working with cloud platforms
- 5 reasons why you should be working here
- We bring open hearts and open minds1.
- We grow what we know and learn what we don’t2.
- We are driven by customer love3.
- We celebrate the journey together4.
- We know how to have fun5.
Mollie is expanding its product portfolio, geographic footprint, and internal organization rapidly. The Web Team is responsible for the Mollie.com website and all related web architecture. The web team helps Mollie express its value proposition to the outside world, inform, convert and acquire new customers and to enable internal teams to use the Mollie.com site as a platform for growth.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
These three words tell you everything about Mollie… Driven. By. Love. Our driving force, our reason for being… to become the world’s most loved financial services provider. But not just loved by our customers… by our people too. At Mollie we embrace what makes you unique, and nurture a culture that feels like home. We celebrate diversity of people and perspectives every day and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Every new Mollie is hired on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We bring open hearts and open minds, we don’t judge each other for our differences, we embrace the unique traits that make our products and culture stronger. There is an energy at Mollie that can’t be contained. We are proud to be here, and inspired by the problems we have left to solve. So come join the ride.
Every good relationship starts with a click. Let’s make sure this one will last.
Our Talent Acquisition team and hiring manager will review your application, and respond within 2 weeks.
If you seem like a Mollie-in-the-making, we’ll invite you to a screening call so we can learn more about each other.
Are you the one?
If all goes well, you’ll have two or more interviews with the hiring team. And if it’s a highly technical role, we’ll also assess the specific skills you’ll need.