What you'll be doing
- Work as a senior member of the team to support the SOC to deliver effective services
- Working with our SOC, identify and respond to cyber security threats and incidents
- Working with our Security Engineering function refine our toolsets and configuration
- Proactively search for those threats not easily detected by existing use cases
- Define monitoring use cases and develop prototype rules eg in response to intelligence or gaps in defences
- Participate and in some cases, lead incident response activity eg taking active actions to help contain threats, facilitating forensics analysis when necessary and progression of an incident
- Participates in the incident response out of hours roster
- Support the creation, modification and operation of playbook / runbook tasks to ensure investigation and remediation tasks deliver end to end security operations delivery
- Pen testing plan development and delivery with a Managed Service provider
- Cyber Threat Intelligence: Identify potential threats, delivering strategic reports and changes eg use case updates to minimise the impact of the threat.
- Periodically publish and present Threat Bulletins to the business
- Support the creation and testing of business continuity/disaster recovery plans
- Works with the MSSP and their Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)engineering team to manage/tune the system, create/manage the detection content and actively watch for alerts
- Works with all IT teams to manage new service introductions, changes and decommissions to ensure the SOC is monitoring the current environment/attack surface
- Creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for Security Operations and presentation to stakeholders
- Support compliance to SLA, process adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectivesProgress work requests that will be raised for the team to fulfil
What you'll bring
- Strong experience in working within a Security Operations service with or within a Hybrid SOC Supplier in either a current or previous role
- Experience working with Information and Cyber security, IT audit, Privacy, Enterprise Risk management teams on risk management end to end
- Risk aware and strong customer service ethic
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, Threat Vectors, Controls/Compliance, Risk Management and Incident ResponseIn-depth experience with SIEM, EDR, SOAR and SOC Automation development
- Experience working within a DevOps environment and methods
- Service Management experience e.g. working with front line service delivery teams, IT Operations and service targets
- Ideally, strong experience setting up and managing a Vulnerability Management service from scanning to risk management
- Strong experience with regulatory compliance and information security management frameworks (such as International Organisation for Standardisation [IS0] 27001/2, COBIT, National Institute of Standards and Technology [NIST] 800 and Payment Card Industry Data security Standard v3.2.1
- Strong working knowledge of cloud based services, virtualised environments and various Operating Systems, Strong Authentication, End Point Security, Internet Policy Enforcement, Firewalls, Web Content Filtering, cryptography, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), coding practices, Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Ideal qualifications, whilst not essential: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, SANS GIAC/GCIH
- 5 reasons why you should be working here
- We bring open hearts and open minds1.
- We grow what we know and learn what we don’t2.
- We are driven by customer love3.
- We celebrate the journey together4.
- We know how to have fun5.
We’re in the driving seat. Without us, there is no Mollie. So we’re given the freedom to explore. Make mistakes, learn, and grow. Because that’s how we’ll become the most loved financial service provider.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
These three words tell you everything about Mollie… Driven. By. Love. Our driving force, our reason for being… to become the world’s most loved financial services provider. But not just loved by our customers… by our people too. At Mollie we embrace what makes you unique, and nurture a culture that feels like home. We celebrate diversity of people and perspectives every day and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Every new Mollie is hired on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We bring open hearts and open minds, we don’t judge each other for our differences, we embrace the unique traits that make our products and culture stronger. There is an energy at Mollie that can’t be contained. We are proud to be here, and inspired by the problems we have left to solve. So come join the ride.
Every good relationship starts with a click. Let’s make sure this one will last.
Our Talent Acquisition team and hiring manager will review your application, and respond within 2 weeks.
If you seem like a Mollie-in-the-making, we’ll invite you to a screening call so we can learn more about each other.
Are you the one?
If all goes well, you’ll have two or more interviews with the hiring team. And if it’s a highly technical role, we’ll also assess the specific skills you’ll need.