What you will be doing:
- Helping us to build large scale systems
- Working closely with engineers and product in order to build features at a large scale
- Designing, building and maintaining APIs, services and systems across Mollie’s engineering teams
- Analysing & solving complex problems across the stack
- Putting your skills to the test, allowing yourself to grow and learn rapidly
What you'll bring
- A minimum of 6 years experience in developing large scale web applications
- Experience with PHP is preferable, other languages (like Java, Python, Go) are a plus
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture patterns
- Some professional experience working with the public cloud (either GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Experience with building scalable systems
- Creative problem solving skillsExcellent communication skills and experience working effectively with different stakeholders
Nice to haves:
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with event streaming and distributed systems
- Experience migrating services between microservices and monoliths and understanding the practical tradeoffs of one architecture versus the other
- Past experience with payments or FinTech
- 5 reasons why you should be working here
- We bring open hearts and open minds1.
- We grow what we know and learn what we don’t2.
- We are driven by customer love3.
- We celebrate the journey together4.
- We know how to have fun5.
Mollie is expanding its product portfolio, geographic footprint, and internal organization rapidly. The Web Team is responsible for the Mollie.com website and all related web architecture. The web team helps Mollie express its value proposition to the outside world, inform, convert and acquire new customers and to enable internal teams to use the Mollie.com site as a platform for growth.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
These three words tell you everything about Mollie… Driven. By. Love. Our driving force, our reason for being… to become the world’s most loved financial services provider. But not just loved by our customers… by our people too. At Mollie we embrace what makes you unique, and nurture a culture that feels like home. We celebrate diversity of people and perspectives every day and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Every new Mollie is hired on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We bring open hearts and open minds, we don’t judge each other for our differences, we embrace the unique traits that make our products and culture stronger. There is an energy at Mollie that can’t be contained. We are proud to be here, and inspired by the problems we have left to solve. So come join the ride.
Every good relationship starts with a click. Let’s make sure this one will last.
Our Talent Acquisition team and hiring manager will review your application, and respond within 2 weeks.
If you seem like a Mollie-in-the-making, we’ll invite you to a screening call so we can learn more about each other.
Are you the one?
If all goes well, you’ll have two or more interviews with the hiring team. And if it’s a highly technical role, we’ll also assess the specific skills you’ll need.