What you'll be doing:
- You will be working with us on making sure payment related services run smoothly. These products are used by tens of thousands of merchants and consumers on a daily basis.
- We care for quality and well-designed user experiences—for engineers and non-engineers alike. This translates to well operated and monitored systems, designing and implementing for failure, knowledge about distributed systems and a passion for automation.
- You will work closely with our system and software engineers to work on the reliability and security of the Core Platform, to automate toil and maintain a high level of availability for our merchants and customers. Our environment is transitioning to GCP, so an understanding of GCP in a hybrid-cloud environment is preferrable.
- There are many payments being performed on our platform every second of the day. Thus the code quality and system scalability are becoming increasingly important. Helping us build scalable products by thinking ahead will be an important part of your work.
- We are working on innovative financial solutions for our merchants. We are happy to share the details over a coffee, but it's safe to say we will put your skills to the test, allowing you to grow and learn rapidly.
What you'll bring:
- Minimum of 4 years experience running and operating highly available systems
- Good understanding of GCP Core Infrastructure
- Experience with a high level programming language - Go/Python/Ruby/PHP
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code
- Good understanding of networking in a hybrid-cloud environment
- Drive to automate tasks and reduce toil
- Know your way around Linux systems and the shell
- Experience with CI/CD so you can improve deployment process and reduce risk
- Have high standards when dealing with production systems
- Experience designing, building and maintaining automation and systems and tools that keep downtime at a minimum
- Experience dealing with large-scale applications
- Use post-mortems as a tool for planning and improving automation
- Uphold reliability of systems 24/7 alongside your fellow reliability engineers
- 5 reasons why you should be working here
- We bring open hearts and open minds1.
- We grow what we know and learn what we don’t2.
- We are driven by customer love3.
- We celebrate the journey together4.
- We know how to have fun5.
We’re in the driving seat. Without us, there is no Mollie. So we’re given the freedom to explore. Make mistakes, learn, and grow. Because that’s how we’ll become the most loved financial service provider.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
These three words tell you everything about Mollie… Driven. By. Love. Our driving force, our reason for being… to become the world’s most loved financial services provider. But not just loved by our customers… by our people too. At Mollie we embrace what makes you unique, and nurture a culture that feels like home. We celebrate diversity of people and perspectives every day and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Every new Mollie is hired on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We bring open hearts and open minds, we don’t judge each other for our differences, we embrace the unique traits that make our products and culture stronger. There is an energy at Mollie that can’t be contained. We are proud to be here, and inspired by the problems we have left to solve. So come join the ride.
Every good relationship starts with a click. Let’s make sure this one will last.
Our Talent Acquisition team and hiring manager will review your application, and respond within 2 weeks.
If you seem like a Mollie-in-the-making, we’ll invite you to a screening call so we can learn more about each other.
Are you the one?
If all goes well, you’ll have two or more interviews with the hiring team. And if it’s a highly technical role, we’ll also assess the specific skills you’ll need.