What You'll be doing
- Join the Data domain and be part of a team of experienced Staff Engineers at Mollie.
- Set the vision and strategy for a scalable event-driven data architecture for the whole domain, with long term thinking and a pragmatic approach for an iterative implementation of it
- Promote new data paradigms within the Engineering organisation, particularly regarding sourcing and ingesting events, as well as establishing data contracts
- Align Mollie’s datasystem architecture with the strategic direction of the business.
- Define & advocate Python best practices & coding standards
- Coaching and mentoring also via hands-on mentoring of engineers via pair programming, PoC development and technology scouting
- Drive technical strategic decisions in cross-functional teams and lead cross-cutting tech initiatives within the domain
- Inspire and mentor engineers across Mollie, particularly around the topic of data engineering
- Serve as role model and provide technical guidance to engineers in the domain and raise the bar for engineering practices and standards
- Serve as a resource for the team to connect them with broader engineering directions and initiatives
What you'll bring
- 8+ years of data engineering experience, 3+ years in an architecture focussed role
- Proven track record of designing and implementing large scale data platforms, including storage, pipelines, orchestration, data quality & governance, analytical workbenches and machine learning environments
- Experience in building event ingestion frameworks
- Experience with Spark, Python
- Experience working in a similar role at a fast paced tech company.
- Technical leadership experience, with proven ability to generate buy-in and bring people together toward a common goal.
- Growth mindset, meaning you constantly look for ways to improve yourself and get the most out of the people around you, helping them develop in the process
- Ability to assess new technologies and make pragmatic choices that help guide Mollie towards long term vision
Nice to have
- Experience in a fintech or regulated environment
- Masters/Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in designing and managing machine learning deployment platforms
- Backend development experience, particularly as a data producer
- 5 reasons why you should be working here
- We bring open hearts and open minds1.
- We grow what we know and learn what we don’t2.
- We are driven by customer love3.
- We celebrate the journey together4.
- We know how to have fun5.
We’re in the driving seat. Without us, there is no Mollie. So we’re given the freedom to explore. Make mistakes, learn, and grow. Because that’s how we’ll become the most loved financial service provider.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
These three words tell you everything about Mollie… Driven. By. Love. Our driving force, our reason for being… to become the world’s most loved financial services provider. But not just loved by our customers… by our people too. At Mollie we embrace what makes you unique, and nurture a culture that feels like home. We celebrate diversity of people and perspectives every day and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate. Every new Mollie is hired on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We bring open hearts and open minds, we don’t judge each other for our differences, we embrace the unique traits that make our products and culture stronger. There is an energy at Mollie that can’t be contained. We are proud to be here, and inspired by the problems we have left to solve. So come join the ride.
Every good relationship starts with a click. Let’s make sure this one will last.
Our Talent Acquisition team and hiring manager will review your application, and respond within 2 weeks.
If you seem like a Mollie-in-the-making, we’ll invite you to a screening call so we can learn more about each other.
Are you the one?
If all goes well, you’ll have two or more interviews with the hiring team. And if it’s a highly technical role, we’ll also assess the specific skills you’ll need.